We are excited to unveil our new website! It had been several years since our website was updated, and we wanted to give the site a new look as well as be more user-friendly. We hope you enjoy learning more about what we do at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois and how you can be a part of our charity!
The Frankovich Family came to RMHCCI last year when baby Allison was born with a prolapsed cord, which cut off all the blood supply and oxygen to her body. While at St. John’s Children’s Hospital, she had a stroke which caused further damage. Doctors thought Allison might not be able to swallow food and they suspected she might have Cerebral Palsy, but Allison made a full recovery and just celebrated her first birthday.
After their stay at our House, the Frankovich Family decided that if Allison could live to see her first birthday in good health, they would have a birthday party where guests would bring gifts to donate to our Ronald McDonald House! Needless to say, the results were amazing (as shown here)! Party attenders and several other members of the Decatur community pitched in to give toys, cleaning supplies, food, bed linens, hangers, personal care items and much more to our House for our families to use, as well as $1,800!
The Frankovich’s caught the attention of local news station, WAND, too! Their story was featured on the news that evening, and because of that, even more donations were brought by our House! Allison and her mom, Janice, are pictured above on the day they dropped off all of the items.
We are truly grateful to them for their support and we are so happy that “Big Al” is doing so well!
“Give a Little Love” raised funds to help provide support to families staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Springfield
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (March 11, 2015)— Continuing its commitment to the community, Central Illinois and Peoria/Bloomington McDonald’s® Restaurants helped raise thousands during the annual “Give a Little Love” campaign to benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois (RMHCCI). This year, over $211,178.51 was raised for the charity from January 22 to February 15.
More than 100 Central Illinois and Peoria/Bloomington McDonald’s restaurants participated in the campaign. The money that was raised will go directly towards providing a home away from home for families of critically ill children receiving treatment at Springfield-area hospitals.
“Even during a frigid winter, our friends and neighbors here in Central Illinois showed their kindness and compassion for our “Give a Little Love” campaign,” said Kelly Thompson, Executive Director of RMHCCI. “We are so thankful for the generous donations from the customers, but we also want to thank our local McDonald’s Owner/Operators and their crew for all of their hard work. We truly appreciate their support.”
To “Give a Little Love,” customers donated $1 or more at their local Central Illinois or Peoria/Bloomington McDonald’s restaurants. Customers who made a donation had their names displayed on a paper heart in the restaurant, with one hundred percent of the proceeds staying local and benefiting the families staying in the Ronald McDonald House in Springfield.
The Ronald McDonald House provides a home away from home for families with sick children that are receiving treatment at one of Springfield’s medical facilities. Amenities include a private bedroom and bathroom, home cooked meals, laundry facilities and more. RMHCCI, located at 610 North Seventh Street, serves over 400 families each year and was recently renovated in 2014, expanding from 12 to 14 bedrooms and receiving needed major improvements in the kitchen and living areas.
“It’s important to us to be a valuable member of the communities we serve,” said Steve Jeffers local McDonald’s Owner/Operator. “Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois is an important asset to our area, and the incredible support from the community is essential to keep the house running smoothly for all of these families.”
For more information about Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois and ways you can help, please visit www.rmhc-centralillinois.org
- 6/9/14 Groundbreaking for the Labor of Love expansion & renovation project at our Ronald McDonald House — click here to read the press release!
- 5/27/14 WICS ABC NewsChannel 20 covers Labor of Love plans. Click here to watch the video.
- 5/22/14 RMHCCI Press Release — Videos sponsored by St. John’s Children’s Hospital release for the Labor of Love project. Click here to read the release.
- 4/7/14 RMHCCI Press Release — Springfield Jr. Blues visit an RMHCCI family at St. John’s Children’s Hospital on 3/27/14. Click here to read the release.
- 4/4/14 Golf Classic Co-Chair Jami Kasprzyk appeared on Spotlight 20 on ABC Newschannel 20 to promot the 20th Annual Golf Classic. Click here to watch the interview!
- 4/3/14 Golf Classic Co-Chair Chris Jeffers appeared on Good Day Illinois on FOX 55/27 to promote the 20th Annual Golf Classic. Click here to watch the interview!
- 3/11/14 The State Journal-Register article on the House, the Jones family & our exciting 2014 plans! Click here to read the article!
- 3/10/14 ABC NewsChannel 20 Spotlight 20–RMHCCI Executive Director Kelly Thompson shares about our Labor of Love project! Click here to see the interview!
- 3/7/14 ABC NewsChannel 20 coverage of the Labor of Love project announcement! Click here to view the video!
- 3/7/14 Labor of Love Expansion, Renovation Announcement! Click here to view the press release & click here to learn more about the project & how you can help!
Kelly Thompson, Executive Director
Phone: (217) 528-3314 x145
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois (June 10, 2014) – Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Illinois (RMHCCI) is breaking ground for its $1.2M expansion and remodel project on Thursday, June 12 from 1:00-1:30p.m. at the Ronald McDonald House at 610 North 7th Street in Springfield. The groundbreaking ceremony will be hosted by The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce and will mark the start of construction for the “Labor of Love: Give from the heart to keep families together” renovation and expansion project. The public is invited to attend.
The “Labor of Love” project is the first-ever total & complete remodel – designed by FWAI Architects – of the 28-year-old Ronald McDonald House, and includes the addition of two guest bedrooms to serve more families. Jones-Blythe Construction Company was awarded the contract to be managed by Northstar Management Company. As part of the “Labor of Love” campaign, RMHCCI also launched the “Adopt-the-House” program with opportunities to ‘adopt’ one or more rooms of the House and sponsor its refurbishment.
A new major sponsor of the “Adopt-the-House” program is CEFCU through a $20,000 Kitchen sponsorship to be announced at the ground breaking. Other committed Adopt-the-House sponsors include McDonald’s® of Central Illinois and Peoria/Bloomington through a $35,000 sponsorship of the Family Room, $2,500 from SCHEELS for sponsorship of the Atrium, and $10,000 from the Alpha Delta Pi Foundation through sponsorship of the Children’s Play Room.
“CEFCU is proud to be able to support the Ronald McDonald House through a gift to the Adopt-the-House program. For families to know there is a place that provides a home-away-from-home so they can focus their attention on their hospitalized child is a great benefit for the community,” says Jeff Ambrose, Member Center Manager at CEFCU on Iles Avenue in Springfield.
“CEFCU has had the pleasure of providing quality service to members in Springfield for over 17 years. And, just as we are happy to assist members and help them meet their financial needs, we are also happy to be able to support the community. This gift to the Ronald McDonald House will assist in updating the facility, and provide much-needed accommodations for families dealing with the health issues of a loved one,” says Greg Davis, Member Center Manager of CEFCU on Dirksen Parkway in Springfield.
“We are proud to support the Labor of Love renovation and expansion project to serve more families. Our restaurants in central IL are supporting the project with a sponsorship of the Family Room through proceeds from the Give A Little Love campaign held in McDonald’s® restaurants January 23—February 16, 2014,” say Steve Jeffers, McDonald’s® Central IL Co-Op President and Nick Kasprzyk, McDonald’s® Peoria/Bloomington Co-Op President.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois is still working to raise approximately $150,000 needed for the Labor of Love project. To help, please donate online at www.roominyourheart.org or mail your donation to the Ronald McDonald House at 610 N. 7th Street, Springfield, IL 62702.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC) is to create, find and support programs that directly improve the health and well being of
children. Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Illinois provides a temporary home away from home for those families whose children are
receiving medical treatment in Springfield. In an effort to reduce stress, keep the family intact, and enhance the quality of life for families, the House
provides a caring, home-like atmosphere for its guests. For more information on the “Labor of Love” expansion and renovation plans, including
the “Adopt-the-House” program, please visit roominyourheart.org.
Click here to download the press release!
- The Asian Indian Women’s Organization was featured in an article by Tamara Browning in the State Journal-Register. Click here to read the article!
- Brit Miller of the St. Louis Rams attended the 18th Annual Golf Classic benefitting RMHCCI. Click here to see Brit’s interview with WICS ABC 20!
- WNNS 98.7 FM broadcasted live at the 18th Annual Golf Classic on 6/26/12!
- Mothers of NBA players came to the Ronald McDonald House in June to prepare a meal for families! Click here to watch the coverage from WICS ABC 20!
- Baskets of Hope, an organization that donates baskets to parents of premature babies who are staying at the Ronald McDonald House, was featured in June in the State Journal-Register. Click here to read the article! Thank you Baskets of Hope!
- Baseball teams in Lincolnwood & Morrisonville played games benefitting Ronald McDonald House in April. Click here to read the feature! Thank you to all participants for your support!
- Ronald McDonald House was mentioned in articles featuring area High School seniors in April! Click here and here to read the articles!
- The House was mentioned in an article on the Young Professionals Network in April–click here to read the article!
- Ronald McDonald House was featured on page 6 of the March 2012 issue of The Enos Park Banner to invite people to Longaberger Raffle Night. Click here to check out the issue!
- The 2012 Give A Little Love campaign was held January 20—February 14, 2012 in McDonald’s restaurants throughout central Illinois. The campaign was featured in numerous media outlets, and here are some of the features:
- Pana News-Palladium—3/15/12 click here to view the article.
- State Journal-Register–3/10/12 click here to view the article.
- The Lincoln Courier—3/8/12 click here to view the article.
- State Journal-Register–3/5/12 click here to view the Cheers & Jeers feature.
- The Journal News—2/10/12 click here to view the article.
- Fox Scene with McDonald’s Owner/Operator Gary Birschbach—2/10/12 click here to watch the clip.
- Fox Scene with McDonald’s Owner/Operator Dwight Miller—2/6/12 click here to watch the clip.
- State Journal-Register—2/4/12 click here to view the A La Carte feature.
- The Journal News–2/2/12 click here to view the article.
- The Lincoln Daily News—1/31/12 click here to view the article.
- The Commercial News—1/29/12 click here to view the article.
- Ronald McDonald House was mentioned in an article for Catholic School Week and St. Joseph School. Click here to read the article.
- Glenwood High School is featured as part of our Guest Chef Program on 1/20/12. Click here to read the article.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois was a recipient of the LPGA State Farm Classic. Click here to read the article from 1/20/12.
- Ronald McDonald House was featured for area recycling in the Illinois Times on 1/5/12. Click here to read the article.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois awards Dr. Michael R. Pranzatelli as its 2011 Medical Honoree during the 25th Anniversary Gala. The award was mentioned in the 11/20 edition of The State Journal- Register Business section and personnel file. Click here to read the press release.
- Rae Long & Barbara Rowe, C0-chairs of the 25th Anniversary Gala submitted a letter to the editor featured in the 11/19 edition of The State Journal-Register to thank the community, sponsors, and donors for their support. Click here to read the letter.
- McDonald’s Owner/Operator Mary Breznay interviewed on Friday, 11/4 at WEEK TV in East Peoria to promote the House and our 25th Anniversary Gala. Click here to see the video.
- The Maddox Family was honored at our 25th Anniversary Gala on November 4. Click here to watch a feature on their family from ABC20.
- Our Gala Co-Chair Rae Long was featured in a FOX scene in October with Lesley of FOX 55/27 Illinois. Click here to watch the video.
- A story about one of our guest families was featured in the Litchfield News-Herald on Friday, September 30, 2011.
- Students from Lanphier High School helped to donate computers for our House in August 2011. Click here to see the feature in the Springfield Journal-Register.
- Our Gala Co-Chair Barb Rowe was featured in a FOX scene in August with Lesley of FOX 55/27. Click here to see the video.
- The Football Team at Lanphier High School came to Ronald McDonald House for a few hours of service in August 2011. Click here to read more about their day at the House.
- Click here to read an article about the School Pop Tab Challenge Winner for 2010-11: Chester -East Lincoln School! Congratulations!!
- Click here to read an article in The State Journal-Register listing RMHCCI as place to volunteer in summer 2011.
As part of the “Week of the Young Child” kids and parents at the University of Illinois Springfield’s Cox Children’s Center collected items in April 2011 for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois. Click here to watch a video.