PURPOSE: Administrative volunteers donate their time and professional/clerical services to the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Central Illinois (RMHCCI). We are always open to new ideas and love exploring how your strengths can help RMHCCI.
The volunteer reports directly to Program Director, but works with the entire staff to ensure that the needs of our House are being met consistently.
RESPONSIBILITES MAY INCLUDE:
- Data entry
- Calendar and schedule review/updating
- Sending faxes
- Respond to emails and/or voice messages
- Completing personal thank-you notes for donors and House supporters
- Helping with special events
- Assist with additional tasks as assigned
- Uphold the rules and policies of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Illinois
- What are your professional skills? They could be beneficial for the charity!
- Ability to interact with the public, staff and other volunteers in a helpful and supportive manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer proficiency
- Willing to share time, skills and interests
- Possess qualities of friendliness, dependability, flexibility, tact and good listening skills
- Understand and practice confidentiality
- Neat and clean appearance
- Must be at least 18 years of age & pass a background check
TRAINING: Each volunteer will receive an orientation session with the Volunteer Coordinator, shadow an experienced volunteer for the first few shifts of hands-on training, and continuous learning through on-the-job experience and in-service sessions.
TIME COMMITMENT: Able to commit to either a weekly or bi-weekly two – four hour shifts for a minimum of at least three months. Days and times flexible based on volunteer and House needs.
Please note: Volunteers cannot come to the House when they have communicable illnesses such as colds, strep throat, fever blisters, flu, chicken pox, measles and pink eye (conjunctivitis). Children with suppressed immune systems may be staying at the House and communicable diseases can be life threatening for them.